1 Inviting users to submit reviews of the Company
A user (“User”) is someone who:
- has purchased a product or service from the Company,
- has placed an order with the Company, or
- can otherwise document his/her use of the Company’s service, including via correspondence or other interaction with the Company.
(These are collectively referred to as “Service Experience” in the following.)
The Company can inform and invite Users to leave a review on Opiokalos for their Service Experience as long as the Company has not offered an incentive to Users to write reviews, the Users are not relatives, employees, friends or related to the business owner or any employee of the company.
2 Replying to reviews on Opiokalos, including publishing reasons for reporting reviews
The Company has the option of replying to reviews on Opiokalos. If the Company replies to reviews, the Company warrants in every context that the replies:
- are not unlawful, offensive, deceptive, misleading, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, pornographic or profane,
- do not have a sexist, political or racially discriminating character,
- do not violate other people’s rights, including any intellectual property rights and privacy rights,
- do not in any way breach any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations,
- do not have a disloyal or unlawful purpose and/or content (or promote unlawful purposes), and
- are not technically harmful (including without limitation containing computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct).
If the Company reports a review on Opiokalos for contravening our User Guidelines, it must provide an explanation (also called a “Public Reporting Reason.
The above rules about replies to reviews on Opiokalos also apply to the Company’s use of the Public Reporting Reason.
If we receive notice or otherwise become aware that the replies or the Public Reporting Reasons violate these Guidelines, we may delete the replies or the Public Reporting Reasons without notice, and may inform the affected parties and/or the authorities of the violation – depending on the nature of the violation. Our right to delete is not conditional upon providing an explanation, although we will strive to inform the Company about any deletions and the reason for them.
3 Use of Opiokalos Designs
The Company will be able to see whether it is entitled to use Opiokalos logos, graphics and trademarks in the administration module on Opiokalos.
If the Company is entitled to display any Opiokalos data in its marketing materials, on its website, etc., and does so, the Company must ensure that it does not display these in a misleading, biased or otherwise deceptive way. The Company must make sure that the displayed Opiokalos data is always accurate and reflects the Company’s actual ranking and the awarded number of Stars on Opiokalos. The Company’s responsibility to accurately display Opiokalos information extends to its use of widgets and similar services.
If the Company is entitled to display reviews, the Company agrees that it must remove and delete any displayed reviews if so requested by the Users who wrote the reviews in question, or by us e.g. if the reviews violate these Guidelines.
4 Company profile page
In the administration module on Opiokalos, the Company may have the ability to include information about the Company and add the Company’s logos, trademarks and designs. This will be shown on the Company’s profile page on Opiokalos. The Company must not include information that can be misleading, deceptive, defamatory or otherwise in violation of applicable laws. In addition, the Company warrants that – if the Company includes logos, trademarks and designs – it has all rights to do so and that these logos, designs and trademarks do not violate any third party rights.
5 Fabricated reviews
Opiokalos purpose is to provide an online review community where Users can freely share their Service Experiences with the Company and thereby provide an informative view of the Company’s service.
Trust is crucial to us, and we do not under any circumstances accept fabricated reviews. Fabricated reviews are those that do not reflect a genuine Service Experience, because, for example, they are created by or on behalf of the Company itself.
We consider the direct and indirect creation of fabricated reviews a material breach of the agreement between the Company and us. It is irrelevant how the fabricated reviews are created, including whether they are created by employees of the Company or by external consultants.
We use specially developed software to detect fabricated reviews. Reviews that we deem fabricated, fake or similar will be deleted, moved or highlighted, and we are entitled to publish information about this in connection with the Company’s profile on Opiokalos.
6 Reviews written by the Company’s employees
The Company is not permitted to invite or otherwise encourage its employees, former employees, owners or directors, or their family members to write reviews about the Company.
7 Removal of reviews
We host reviews as user-generated content. The removal of reviews is exclusively a matter between the Users and us, and our User Guidelines regulate if and when we remove reviews. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not remove reviews, when for example:
- The Company and the User disagree on the course of events. It is practically impossible to prove who is right, and in these cases, we suggest that the Company replies to the review so that other users can see the Company’s version of what happened,
- The User’s review and the number of awarded stars seem inconsistent, e.g. if the User awarded the Company only one star, but wrote a very positive review of the Company, or
- The Company thinks the review is “unfair”, e.g. because the dissatisfaction is a result of a mistake made by a supplier. Whether a User feels satisfied or dissatisfied is exclusively the User’s subjective opinion, and whether or not the User’s dissatisfaction is appropriate is not a matter for us to decide. Such issues are left to be resolved between the involved parties, i.e. the Company and the User.
8 Misuse of the reporting and notification functions
It is possible for the Company to report reviews that the Company believes violate our User Guidelines. The Company must not misuse this reporting functionality.
Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out unfounded or incorrect reporting of many or all negative reviews,
- Carrying out unfounded or incorrect notification of competitors’ positive reviews, or
- Reporting the same review multiple times when that review has already been assessed in accordance with our internal quality process, unless exceptional circumstances apply.
We consider such behaviour a material breach of the agreement between the Company and us.
9 Threats against Users and Opiokalos employees
Companies may not threaten, abuse or blackmail Users. Threats include making unjustified claims for damages in order to have specific reviews (typically negative) removed.
Further, we do not tolerate threats against Opiokalos employees. Under no circumstances will we accept such behavior.
We consider threatening or abusive behavior a material breach of the agreement between the Company and us, which can lead to us immediately blocking the Company’s account and filing a report with the relevant authorities.
10 Suspending or blocking the Company’s business account
We may at any time, without notice and without prejudice, suspend or block the Company’s access to their business account or/and specific features in the business account if we believe or suspect that the Company is carrying out behavior that is inappropriate or in violation of the Guidelines or applicable laws or regulations. When the Company’s business account or/and specific features are suspended or blocked, the Company will not have access to services which require the Company’s registration and/or login, such as reporting or responding to reviews.
We reserve the right to enforce these Guidelines if we observe violations of them or of applicable laws or regulations. The same applies if we observe behavior that we believe or suspect to be inappropriate.