Some countries that have direct flights to Cyprus include the UK, Russia, Germany, Greece, and Israel.
Detailed answer question
Cyprus is a popular tourist destination in the Mediterranean, attracting visitors from all corners of the world. The island country is well-connected to the rest of the world with various airlines operating direct flights from major cities across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
According to the official website of Larnaca International Airport, some countries that have direct flights to Cyprus include the UK (British Airways, easyJet, Ryanair), Russia (Aeroflot, Ural Airlines), Germany (Lufthansa, Eurowings), Greece (Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air), and Israel (Israir Airlines, Arkia Israeli Airlines). Other countries that have direct flights to Cyprus include Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Qatar, and UAE.
“A wise traveler never despises his own country.” – Carlo Goldoni
Here are some interesting facts on Cyprus:
- Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean after Sicily and Sardinia.
- It is known as the birthplace of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty.
- Cyprus has a rich history dating back to ancient times and has been ruled by various civilizations including Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and British.
- The country is divided into two parts, the Greek-Cypriot south and the Turkish-Cypriot north, with a buffer zone in between.
- Cyprus is a popular destination for beach lovers, with over 49 Blue Flag beaches, the highest number per capita in the world.
- Halloumi, a popular Cypriot cheese made from sheep and goat milk, was granted Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status by the European Union in 2021.
Here’s a table summarizing the direct flights to Cyprus from select countries:
|UK||British Airways, easyJet, Ryanair|
|Russia||Aeroflot, Ural Airlines|
|Greece||Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air|
|Israel||Israir Airlines, Arkia Israeli Airlines|
|Turkey||Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines|
|Egypt||EgyptAir, Nile Air|
|Lebanon||Middle East Airlines|
|UAE||Emirates, Etihad Airways|
See the answer to your question in this video
The video shares multiple personal experiences of racism towards Black people and foreigners in Cyprus. Several people share their experiences of being treated disrespectfully and as sub-humans, with some even being denied basic rights and services. The video emphasizes that this mistreatment is not limited to one particular establishment or situation but is widespread. The speaker advises against visiting or studying in Cyprus and suggests that people look for other options. Despite his love for the country, he stresses the need to acknowledge the truth and promote peace and love through his videos.
Other options for answering your question
Major airports are: Paphos International Airport and Larnaca International Airport. Since 1974, the Cyprus government declared Ercan International Airport an illegal port of entry to Cyprus and there are no direct flights to the north other than from Turkey.
Which countries have direct flights to Cyprus? Regarding neighbouring countries, there are direct flights to Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Israel, while there are also direct flights to Middle Eastern countries such as Dubai, Qatar and Bahrain.
You will probably be interested
- Yerevan to Larnaca.
- Beirut to Larnaca.
- Tel Aviv to Paphos.
- Amman to Paphos.
- Belgrade to Larnaca.
- Tel Aviv to Larnaca.
- Vienna to Paphos.
- Finland. If vacations are about feeling joyous, where else should one go but the happiest country in the world?
- Ukraine. Photo Credit: Shutterstock.
- Seychelles. Photo Credit: Shutterstock.
- Rwanda. Photo Credit: Shutterstock.
- South Korea. Photo Credit: Shutterstock.