The best business to open in Cyprus depends on various factors such as market demand, competition, location, and personal interests. However, popular options include tourism, real estate, food and beverage, and information and communication technology.
And now, more closely
When it comes to opening a business in Cyprus, there are several options to consider based on market demand, competition, location, and personal interests.
The tourism industry in Cyprus is robust, attracting millions of visitors every year to its beautiful beaches, ancient cities, and rich cultural heritage. This makes it an excellent option for opening a business in the hospitality sector, such as running a hotel, restaurant, or entertainment venue.
Real estate is another promising sector, especially with the island’s favourable tax and legal system. Property development and management, construction, and real estate consultancy are just some of the options to consider.
Food and beverage also remain a popular sector, with a range of cuisines on offer to satisfy the diverse tastes of locals and tourists alike. A coffee shop or small restaurant can be a viable option for starting a business in this sector.
Additionally, Cyprus is increasingly becoming a hub for information and communication technology, presenting opportunities to develop and market software, offer consultancy services, or even start an e-commerce store.
As business magnate Richard Branson once said, “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming,” making Cyprus a land of potential opportunities for those looking to start a business.
Here are some interesting facts about doing business in Cyprus:
- The country has a strategically advantageous geographical location at the crossroads of three continents – Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Cyprus has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in Europe at 12.5%.
- The island has a highly educated and multilingual workforce, with English being widely spoken.
- Cyprus is ranked as the 54th easiest place to do business globally, according to the World Bank’s latest report.
- The top sectors for foreign direct investment in Cyprus are real estate, financial services, and transportation.
Here is a table summarizing the top business sectors in Cyprus:
|Sector||Potential business options|
|Tourism||Hotel, restaurant, entertainment venue|
|Real estate||Property development, management, construction, consultancy|
|Food and beverage||Coffee shop, small restaurant|
|Information and communication technology||Software development, consultancy, e-commerce store|
In conclusion, the best business to open in Cyprus depends on an individual’s specific circumstances, but there are thriving sectors in the island that present great opportunities for entrepreneurs.
You might discover the answer to “What is the best business to open in Cyprus?” in this video
The video discusses job market and business opportunities in Northern Cyprus, which is a developing region with many niches to fill and low competition. The speaker emphasizes the importance of knowing English and Turkish, obtaining a work visa or opening a business legally, and focusing on areas related to tourism, child-related services, IT, and healthcare. The speaker advises potential business owners to obtain legal consultation and minimize costs by partnering with a Cypriot. For job seekers, the speaker recommends accessing employers by sending CVs directly or in person and cautions that though there are growth points in Northern Cyprus, certain amenities might negatively impact the quality and productivity of work.
There are also other opinions
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Cyprus
- 1. Construction Company Construction companies enjoy some form of support from the government of Cyprus.
Cyprus 10 Best Businesses in Cyprus 2023
- 1. Construction company Not just in Cyprus, the construction industry plays an important role in the infrastructural development of any country. Construction companies in Cyprus can benefit from some form of government support.
You will probably be interested in these topics as well
- Website and app development.
- Financial consulting.
- Online business consulting.
- Information security.
- Digital marketing.
- Social media marketing.
- Writer or author.
- Graphic design.
- Renewable Energy.
- Investment Funds.
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation.
- Tourism and Hospitality.
- Higher Education.